9.19.2008

So many things here.

Most of the time of my day is spent on reading and hearing lecture. In the past one month, my speaking and writing hasn't improved at ALL. Age deterioration of my brain is so horrible. And young guys learn just so fast!! I need to switch from thinking in Japanese to English. So I decided to post my diary sometimes in English.
Almost everyday I come back to home past 12pm. Amazing. I never think I could stay such a long time in the same place. Actually our campus is too huge to get bored even I stay 24 hours. Almost everything I want is equiped. Oh, of course, except satisfying cuisines. I already gave up my expectation to foods here. But we have gyms, lecture halls, music halls, a musium, forest park, gardens, a huge church, cafes and libraries. Even a branch of a karate organization where I practiced in Tokyo,,, it means, so many cultural temptations, and my life will be enriched with "cost-free high cultures". Cool!
Actually, the university seems to put too much budget to activities other than academics!
Past weeks I explored other highly recognized schools of Duke such as Sanford institute and Fuqua business school, and now dreaming my image of impactful interdisciplinary study.

No comments: